John Hasselfield Endowment Fund - Jr/Sr High
The John Hasselfield Endowment Fund is a non-profit society created to provide support to young people who display a wanting desire for personal development and learning through education, sports, music and physical activity, who might otherwise not fulfill that desire because life has put obstacles in their path in ways beyond their control. Award is $400. Examples of activities funded include: Flight School, Sport Camps, Art Camps, school trips, extra outside tutoring.
1. Be a student presently enrolled in an Alberta public school.
2. Provide a written essay (approximately 500 words) outlining
a. How and when the funds will be used?
b. What you have contributed financially or in other ways toward your goal?
c. What obstacles, financial or otherwise beyond your control, are impeding achievement of your goals?
3. Provide a letter of reference from an adult other than a family member (educator, coach or mentor).
4. Use the funds allocated for the intended purpose and provide the directors with follow-up.
Note: the Foundation will not offer funding for post secondary education.
5. Be a Canadian citizen residing in Canada or permanent resident of Canada.
6. Apply only once in a 3 year period if successful.
See http://www.johnhasselfield.com/awards.html or Mrs. Schaffer for more information.